Friday, February 27, 2009

IM DONE.

Ok. I want to know, what is art to you?

I've always thought it was expression...as a basic
but according to my art teacher its about making money. She talks about this every single day, lecturing us while we work about how art is about money. It angers me in ways I can't explain. Also I'd like to know if you think that teenagers can be just as mature as adults. I think yes. Again, my art teacher believes teenagers are dumb, to put it lightly. And lastly, Do you think art like I do is sell-able...

Just answer as honestly as possible, please, because I'm really sick of my art teacher telling me this stuff and me being the only one who thinks shes wrong...

3 comments:

Actlecoa said...

i don't think its important whether or not your art is sell-able.

but yeah, i think you could.


not that that's important, because you're right, its about expression. when you only focus on the money, you're a sellout.


:O

sandra lark said...

come with me and rusty to walk one night. first wednesday of each month. you'll see that your art is far more relavant than she even knows. while the people who would want to buy your art aren't exactly rolling in the dough, the type of street/grafitti/satirical stuff you do is in high demand.

while what she is saying is annoying, i think you should continue taking an art class. i have never ever taken one and i wish i knew the practical techniques behind everything.

do i think teenagers can be as mature as adults? yes. but like, 1/15 actually are, so most adults just tend to treat them all like idiots. its easier than trying to actually get to know people on a personal level and treat folks properly, you know? haha. keep in mind that while 1/15 teenagers are mature, about 14/15 adults are jerks.

soundslikegabe said...

art shouldn't be something that you only do for the money, she's definitely wrong on that. Plus alot of art that sells were originally seen as not in the norm.

I'm all for originality when it comes to general creativity, things that are different stand out more than the widely accepted ones. And I honestly think that if you're happy with what you make, you should keep doing it.